CBA 0.31% $134.61 commonwealth bank of australia.

Is shorting this a no brainer?, page-631

1. 5,629 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 313

Well my father worked for the CBA for 45 years, joined the bank when he was 15 in Tamworth. He was a very senior figure, so I have pretty good view of the culture pre the Keating sale and beyond. The bank lost a bit of compassion after the privatisation , no doubt, Ben Chifley would have rolled in his grave if he'd witnessed the traitorous sale of the "people's bank by Keating.

Still shareholders aren't complaining , the IPO was $7.40 and has done well since then. This whole CBA money laundering event is laughable. I worked for the ATO for 30 years, the last 10 years pursuing serious tax evasion by following the international money trail through The banking system.

I can put my hand on my heart and say, that All the big 4 banks have holes in their transaction security. I won't tell you what I think of the ANZ culture, but by and large , most sophisticated criminals will always find away around AML policy and procedures. That's their job. But Aussie banks have far better integrity than the offshore crew.

During the GFC, joint commonwealth financial monitoring teams were simply amazed as we witnessed $100s billions of hidden and spooked Capital returning to its owners from entrepreneurial banks domiciled in tax havens around the world. Most of these funds didn't get out of the country by virtue of facliltation big 4 either! Try the Swiss and Asian entrepreneurial banks that Keating gave a banking licence to. The cash came back to the big 4 for a truly safe have, as the owners were worried their fancy offshore banks would fail, and many did.

Politicians are such opportunists, they hope that by bashing the banks, they might even elevate their own popularity, figuring it's a free kick for a vote. What they should be doing is looking after our big 4, even praising them, Aussie banks are the best in the world.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CBA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.