SLR 5.86% $1.54 silver lake resources limited

This thread seems to have gotten off track.It is a little boyish...

1. 1,679 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1977
    This thread seems to have gotten off track.

It is a little boyish for holders to declare "mine is bigger than yours".

My contribution today is not much different to that it has always been.

Succesfully profiting from precious metals, both real and equity based, is a cyclical and long term vocation.

lt demands a belief in the features that of what scarce metal precious metals can do well, and what they can't, as well as the macro environment that this market competes with.

I hope all who can accumulate during recent price weakness, have. Each according to their means and according to their personal time horizon. I also hope no one thinks this will be a one way flight to $US 2,500 or higher. We will all be tested.

Skol and his cohort have been outliers with a bombastic view of POG $1,000 destroying the "tin hats", those of us who think differently.

Most will know l am extremely bullish, all hard assets. Metals, battery minerals, REE and U3O8. My numerous macro thesis have treated me well over recent years, but they have each had periods of 35%-50% drawdowns in that very same time line.

l remain cautious in the short term with the fundamentals of the next gold bull, still far from in place. Rising bond yields are a major headwind and will hang around for most of 2024, both in the US and ROW.

That of course does not stop geo-political unrest and periodic flights to safety bringing some action to the POG. I am expecting the next minor leg to bring us to US $1,950 to $1,980 then stay rangebound.

SLR was ridiculously oversold into the 80s, l added to my fill on a trading basis. A breach over $1.02 will be my trigger to sell these trading buys and l will sell all recent adds at $1.10 -$1.15 if we get there.

This suits my personal desire return to an overweight cash position and earn a risk free 5%, while l wait for more oversold opportunities to be thrown up during 2024. I value cash highly. Who knew that a month ago, having dry powder has potentially offered me a low risk short term SLR play with a 25% upside return.

My strategies don't suit everyone and l know l can be reading the macro picture wrong. But they help me sleep at night knowing l can profit from both upward and downward markets, without resorting to derivatives, that l liked to play with after the GFC when markets were far more volatile.

Beware of one way price trends and getting sucked too far into cyclical price reversals. Nevertheless, enjoy the ups, we all need them.

Remember, Mr Market can deal harsh lessons and owes nothing to any investor.

GLTASH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.54
Change
0.085(5.86%)
Mkt cap ! $1.434B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.46 $1.54 $1.45 $14.19M 9.498M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5792 $1.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.54 117328 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.51
  Change
0.085 ( 4.36 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.46 $1.51 $1.45 1695031
Last updated 15.59pm 31/05/2024 ?
SLR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.