STO 0.13% $7.66 santos limited

Is STO one of the Zombie Oilers?

1. 2,251 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 54
    Everyone sees the same facts, there seems to me little difference between long term bulls and bears for STO.
    The crucial distinction is that the bears see oil remaining below $47 US Brent for many years while STO dies a death of a thousand cuts, the bulls expect a recovery in oil price above this in a few years.
    The speculators and analysts are watching what Goldman Sachs, ENN or the Saudi's are doing and rolling the dice this week accordingly. They don't deserve much thought, shares will fluctuate and speculators will on aggregate lose money due to brokerage.
    I am presently a bull but I acknowledge that STO smells like one of the zombies, it's balance sheet is barely adequate (36% Gearing 47% Propriertorship) and it is losing cash at present oil prices.
    I think STO deserves to be on life support but many of the oil shalers need to be bludgeoned to oblivion before the price of oil can recover.
    I am going to find some Zombies to see how much oil they produce and if they will survive of if instead - as the bears think - STO also needs to be eliminated to return balance to the force

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.66
Change
-0.010(0.13%)
Mkt cap ! $24.87B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.72 $7.73 $7.66 $51.80M 6.770M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 125654 $7.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.67 1506 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.