SYR 5.48% 34.5¢ syrah resources limited

Is Syrah's Share Price artificial ?

1. 625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    Do you think Syrah's SP is artificially inflated considering there is no income ? Does Syrah have enough of offtakes to maintain the operation of the mine and also show investors a profit once the mine is built ?

I want to Invest in Syrah but I am scared about the what could be high false manipulation by CreditSuisse who have recommended this share with the hope of Syrah churning an actual profit. However negative results or lack of offtakes (customers for it's graphite) could mean  CreditSuisse could pull the plug and the SP could drop.

Here is an example of what I mean about how an inflated share price pre-operation (meaning increasingly higher Share Price without a company making a profit or having income in the business) - an article from The Australian in June 2015 which shows how volatile the Syrah stock could be if there are not enough of offtakes to fund the operation of the mine. @Prime1 would love to hear your thoughts on this.

June 2015

Syrah is a Melbourne-based explorer with a very promising graphite and vanadium play in Mozambique, whose share price fell by more than 43 per cent in a few days in late March and early April in that year.

Regal’s hedge fund, the Australian Long-Short Fund, is understood to have been short-selling the stock at that time in big quantities, taking Syrah’s share price down from $3.00 to $1.70 over eight trading days, without actual news to move the stock. The drop caused shareholders to lose more than $30 million in capitalisation. The share price has since recovered to just under $4.

As one anguished shareholder commented in a chatroom at the time: “This is absolutely crazy stuff. There is absolutely no indication that anything has changed with the size/quality and value of Syrah’s graphite/vanadium holdings. If I understand correctly from another site it seems that the share price crash is happening as consequence of short sellers attempting to profit from a series of mini warrant positions.’’

ASIC is not commenting, as it’s involved in an investigation; nor is Regal for the same reason. The Weekend Australian has established a connection between the Regal fund’s short sales and the fact that Credit Suisse Australia had at the time issued a series of long “mini” warrants on Syrah.
    Short-selling shares is not illegal, but ASIC will be investigating around possible collusion or market manipulation. There is no suggestion of wrongdoing by Regal or Credit Suisse.

full article link below

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...e/news-story/8d1f27fa257d149176e38491a17db210

@kingofhell @sean23 @Matt72
    Last edited by MrSpecter: 22/05/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.5¢
Change
-0.020(5.48%)
Mkt cap ! $357.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.0¢ 36.8¢ 34.5¢ $2.576M 7.326M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 393935 34.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 100404 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.