REA 0.15% $196.66 rea group ltd

Currently REA is valued at over 7 billion dollars on the ASX NWS...

1. 383 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 90
    Currently REA is valued at over 7 billion dollars on the ASX
    NWS is valued at around 700 million!
    So the market is valuing REA at 10x the value of NWS, even though 61% of the 7 billion REA is OWNED by NWS
    I have never seen anything like it!
    On the ASX, if you wanted to buy 50% of REA it would cost 3.5b
    Or you could buy the ENTIRE NWS for 700m, get 60% of REA and a whole bunch of other powerful assets
    I am buying NWS as fast as I can, as much as I can, just for the access to the REA shares

I saw an interesting article arguing that REA should be the one to take over NWS- so they can get their own shares back very cheaply! That would be a masterstroke- sell or dispose of all the newspapers etc, and just keep the REA stock.
    That is basically how I am going about it, accumulating NWS to get REA at a huge discount.
    I am very interested to hear other people's opinion. It seems obvious to be. Am I missing something?

(I thought about deleting this post and keeping my thoughts private but what the hell. I enjoy discussing shares and if I am right, there is lots of money to be made, whether or not this concept becomes better known)
    But if the numbers I am reading are correct, and REA just chugs along, NWS is the buy of the century

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add REA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$196.66
Change
0.300(0.15%)
Mkt cap ! $25.98B
Open High Low Value Volume
$198.00 $198.64 $196.02 $29.04M 147.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 308 $196.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$196.73 270 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
REA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.