BHP 0.14% $42.69 bhp group limited

Is the AFL Coming After BHP?, page-79

1. 215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi Gindaldan,

Regarding the post above, I've just become fascinated by this dual-listing scheme. Will you be able to clarify a few things for me?

(i) When you state that BHP Ltd (AU) corresponds to 58.2% of the BHP Group whereas BHP Plc (UK) corresponds to 41.8% of the BHP Group, you mean economical rights? Is that correct?
    (ii) Following up from (i), there may be a scenario - say if BHP UK is undervalued - that BHP AU corresponds to 70% of the market cap value of the BHP Group (Ensemble) and BHP UK corresponds to 30% of the market cap of the BHP Group. Is this correct?
    (iii) When a financial report states that the BHP Group has a profit X, does it mean that BHP AU earnings correspond to 58.2% of X? This will imply potential different yields/PE for BHP AU and BHP UK.
    (iv) When the shale assets were sold, there was a buy-back of shares (mostly BHP UK). Were they voided or are they now owned by the BHP Group?
    (v) Finally, do you know reasons that justify thie dual-listing scheme? It seems that a deposit-system will be easier to understand.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$42.69
Change
-0.060(0.14%)
Mkt cap ! $217.1B
Open High Low Value Volume
$42.92 $43.08 $42.65 $244.8M 5.652M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 774 $42.68

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$42.69 645 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.28pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.