BHP 1.52% $42.70 bhp group limited

Hi Gindaldan,Regarding the post above, I've just become...

1. 218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi Gindaldan,

Regarding the post above, I've just become fascinated by this dual-listing scheme. Will you be able to clarify a few things for me?

(i) When you state that BHP Ltd (AU) corresponds to 58.2% of the BHP Group whereas BHP Plc (UK) corresponds to 41.8% of the BHP Group, you mean economical rights? Is that correct?
    (ii) Following up from (i), there may be a scenario - say if BHP UK is undervalued - that BHP AU corresponds to 70% of the market cap value of the BHP Group (Ensemble) and BHP UK corresponds to 30% of the market cap of the BHP Group. Is this correct?
    (iii) When a financial report states that the BHP Group has a profit X, does it mean that BHP AU earnings correspond to 58.2% of X? This will imply potential different yields/PE for BHP AU and BHP UK.
    (iv) When the shale assets were sold, there was a buy-back of shares (mostly BHP UK). Were they voided or are they now owned by the BHP Group?
    (v) Finally, do you know reasons that justify thie dual-listing scheme? It seems that a deposit-system will be easier to understand.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.