SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

I agree, and reading words grouped together is frustrating. It...

1. 1,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 394
    I agree, and reading words grouped together is frustrating. It is a HC problem, not yours. I don't know why they don't fix it, for me it has only been a problem with the new version of HC.

It doesn't happen when I type directly into HC. But if I compose a long input, it is much easier to type or dictate into an app, then copy/paste into HC.

For my inputs, words are grouped together if I compose in Open Office doc, then copy/paste into HC. Same if I simply copy from (some?) PDFs.

My work around is to compose in my email (Thunderbird), and then copy/paste into HC - that works fine.

I suggest you do some trial and error experimenting along the above lines, if you haven't already. If you tried, and that doesn't work, I have also found option a. below to work. I haven't tried option b.

Copy/pasting from apps into HC – to avoid words being pasted contiguously by new HC:

- -option a. use Notepad app to write post, or copy from another app into it, then copy from Notepad into HC

- option b. copying and pasting to https://html5-editor.net/ (paste in the right box), which effectively changes it into something that the new HC editor understands. From that page, you can tinker with it a bit like a normal editor if it doesn't look quite right, then copy from the left box for most accurate results and finally paste into HC, and make sure you keep formatting when asked.

It would be great if other posters can share their suggestions, if I have missed something.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.