it is interesting regarding is the bible authentic, as I hold a...

1. RM
    7,461 Posts.
    it is interesting regarding is the bible authentic, as I hold a copy of the bible i can't help remembering Bohrs model of an atom.

All the mass contained in the tiny nucleus yet relatively speaking size wise comparing the nucleus of an atom with the outer electron envelope would be like comparing the size of a tennis ball relative to the tennis arena.  Yet, the Bible still feels solid in the hand, there forces at play.

We have the heavens described many times as a garment or tent or scroll etc being stretched out. This occurs in both the new and old testaments.

Isaiah 34:4
    All the stars in the sky will be dissolved and the heavens rolled up like a scroll; all the starry host will fall like withered leaves from the vine, like shriveled figs from the fig tree.

Revelations 6 NASB

. 14The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

We exist in a four dimensional universe but if you are able to roll the heavens then this bending of space requires more dimensions than we can perceive. Interesting how science currently is studying such dimensions.

We also gain a glimpse of the New Jerusalem and its description, generally when jewels are used they can be descriptive of light.

The New Jerusalem
    17And he measured its wall, seventy-two yards, according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements. 18The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald;…

Pure Gold like clear glass,,,, interesting description it appears that 4 dimensions that we currently perceive as our authentic reality may have an addition or so for Christians to experience in the next.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.