Is the Bible True?, page-533

1. 3,979 Posts.
    It's a good post and I get it, believe me I do, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

I do think the universe was Created for sentience. Everything is an aspect of everything else. To get energy to clump together into a living mass that is self-aware and can explore and unravel the mysteries of the universe itself seems to me to be exactly the purpose. I'm sure the universe has many, many sentient types. The entire system of life forces on earth all seem to be supportive of having a sentient being pop out at the top. From foundational bacteria to food source animals.

Tiny blue dot, I'm sure your girl friends told you size didn't matter. It's just the right mass so that it holds an atmosphere, is not too hot or cold, the constraints of gravity allow a sentient being of a functional size to evolve.

The average star is of a size that enables it to remain stable much longer than a larger star and by the time it grows fat and incinerates the earth we will have conquered the deep reaches of space.

Disease and congenital problems do not effect the human soul. We are physical vehicles that are subject to natural order. It is the grand sweep of general themes that we are looking at.

Saviour is a relative term. Saviour basically means that if you embrace the moral teachings and practice the ethical and virtue attributes then you will not impede the progress of your soul. As for Biblical and other Scriptural works and their prophecies. There are some very remarkable prophecies that do seem to be astonishingly accurate. The problem is that such prophecy is applied to almost every major world event to suit the prejudices of the religion involved.

We must save ourselves from ourselves, so true. It may be that by implementing the teachings from within a religion is part of that answer. Those waiting for God to smite and take up the wicked, or end this system of things are just like useless speed bumps placed in the way of actually changing this world for the better.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.