Is the Bible True?, page-535

1. 27,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    "It's a good post and I get it, believe me I do, but the evidence suggests otherwise"
    I don't get you. What evidence and evidence for what?

"Everything is an aspect of everything else."
    Sounds reasonable, but we don't have experience with everything especially with those things at the beginning whatever that might mean. I suggest that what happened at the beginning is not all covered by our experiences 13 odd billion years later.

"To get energy to clump together into a living mass that is self-aware and can explore and unravel the mysteries of the universe itself seems to me to be exactly the purpose."
    I don't understand. It seems to me that you are describing what needs to be in place to formulate a purpose. Perhaps it would help if you tell us what you mean by purpose.

"Disease and congenital problems do not effect the human soul. We are physical vehicles that are subject to natural order. It is the grand sweep of general themes that we are looking at."
    Again, I don't understand. What is the human soul, and what effects it and what doesn't?

"Saviour is a relative term."
    Please explain. Relative to what?

"Saviour basically means that if you embrace the moral teachings and practice the ethical and virtue attributes then you will not impede the progress of your soul."
    Again please explain. What moral teachings? How do I practice the ethical and virtual attributes and how do I know that they do not impede the progress of my soul.

"As for Biblical and other Scriptural works and their prophecies. There are some very remarkable prophecies that do seem to be astonishingly accurate. The problem is that such prophecy is applied to almost every major world event to suit the prejudices of the religion involved."
    OK, which ones are remarkably accurate? - not ones that could fit many circumstances like the ones that you refer to.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.