Is the Bible True?, page-537

1. 8,407 Posts.
    ""Humanity lifter" If that's yours it's a wonderful turn of phrase?"

As far as I know that particular combination is mine, born out of a growing feeling that "Messenger", "Teacher", "Son of God", "Prophet and Leader", "Emanation of God", etc are also in danger from over-use !

At the time, I thought it conveyed the flavour and difficulty of their voluntary task. Now I'm not so sure !
    Feel free to absorb it into your word quiver.

I sympathize and also use God frequently on HC since it is a familiar term for people even though they all have a different understanding of what it means.

You know of my frequent use of "anthropomorphic" as a qualifier, but none of the theists seem to notice the significance .. or they just don't care !

Elsewhere, I wouldn't claim to know the detailed motives and activities of the Endless Creator of the Universe, nor spend too much time on imaginative speculation, though the chain of results are worthy of study.
    However, on HC such intimate knowledge is expected and taken for granted and if you don't join in they suspect you're a theological retard or pawn of the Devil and take no notice at all.

Even those who claim to know that there is no evidence of the (obvious to you and me, wherever we look) active creative flow, have an attitude that leads to a bit of a dead end as far as exploring one's inner landscape and what may be inferred from familiarity with it in the light of "As above, so below." Not to mention what may be possible via direct subjective higher experiences.
    Sallywoofs mentioned different levels of consciousness and the fact that the lower can never understand anything higher than itself, but hasn't taken it any further.

It's interesting that some people feel confident to claim for example that because they do not know about or understand the laws of harmony, composition, sound and rhythm behind a piece of music and the effects on humans, that such things can't be known by anyone and cannot exist, even though they see some of the effects.
    That's a woolly approximation of course but trust you get the gist.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.