Is the Bible True?, page-615

1. 3,979 Posts.
    Now that is interesting.

I would say that I didn't draw a conclusion. I felt it was thrust upon me.
    I had to straighten up because I was capable of going in any number of directions and most of those directions would have made for a useless life and perhaps a stint in jail. Several of my closest associates never made it through their 20s or spent many years in jail.

I began to self educate. I became much more respectful in my dealings with women. Basically I stopped screwing around and tried for more of the deep and meaningful. I went back to my career and began to work full time for the first time after years of part time work which I did so that I could go off surfing and camping every other week.

Basically I was an almost atheist who pursued pleasure without consequence. Sex, drugs and you know the story.

This moment was definitely spiritual and I became very interested in spirituality. My parents were alarmed when I started to show an interest in spiritual matters. They were card carrying atheists. But it did not lead me to religion per se, because organised and fundamental religion was so very obviously just as distant from, God (I tried to find another word here) as being an atheist. That said I do like the structure of the Baha'i Faith and if I could get out of my own way I would be a Baha'i. I really do think it's on the money and it's teachings dominate my religious thinking.

Anyway, that moment led me to becoming a business man, a good father, a reasonable husband and neighbour and a somewhat success in life having retired in my early 50s, which in turn has given me more precious time to see the world and look into science and spirituality, which both sides of the one coin.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.