Is the Bible True?, page-664

1. 11,938 Posts.
    Why do you keep picking on the Jews? When I ask you are you a Jew or a Christian you reply the early Christians were Jews. You can't have it both ways were /are the Jews right or wrong? Where do you sit? Do you accept the Law of the Jews or are you a Christian. Not a difficult question is it Mr Gordon?
    -------------
    Pear, you will need to ask Wotsup about thousands having seen the kingdom of God.

With regard to the Jews, they were God's chosen people that were to become "a kingdom of priests".

(Exodus 19:5, 6) Now if you will strictly obey my voice and keep my covenant, you will certainly become my special property out of all peoples, for the whole earth belongs to me. 6 You will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you are to say to the Israelites.”

But did you notice it was conditional. They were to "strictly obey" Jehovah. As a dedicated nation they were to serve as God's "witnesses".
    (Isaiah 43:10) “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none.

Of that nation there was only one that could meet that standard perfectly, God's Son Jesus.
    (Revelation 3:14) “To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:

God's purpose to gather "a kingdom of priests", will be fulfilled from people out of all nations that are footstep followers of Jesus, beginning with the Jews.
    (Revelation 5:9, 10) And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.”
    As kings and priests they will rule with Jesus over obedient mankind here on earth. This in fact is what the kingdom of God is. The earth is their domain over which they rule.

So rather than picking on the Jews my resolve is to regard people as does Jehovah.

(Acts 10:34, 35) At this Peter began to speak, and he said: “Now I truly understand that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.