An interesting question. We are told our genetic blueprint is...

1. 11,890 Posts.
    An interesting question. We are told our genetic blueprint is set when the two causes come together and I accept that as the best evidence of our scientific knowledge.
    However .... what grows and develops as a living organism is not fixed at conception or even birth but is the ongoing result of all sorts of other factors as they interact with that original genetic blueprint and potentiality.

This applies to the development of the body as well as psyche and personality. Whilst much can be predicted about how the organism will grow from what has already occurred, it is not necessarily set in stone until later in life.
    --------------
    This agrees with what the Scriptures teach. First of all we are a product of our genetic blueprint.
    (Psalm 139:14-16) I praise you because in an awe-inspiring way I am wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, I know this very well. 15 My bones were not hidden from you When I was made in secret, When I was woven in the depths of the earth. 16 Your eyes even saw me as an embryo; All its parts were written in your book Regarding the days when they were formed, Before any of them existed.

I need to explain to the fundamentalist Bible critics that seek justification for rejecting the Scriptures, " I was woven in the depths of the earth", was an expression put to music as was "(Job 10:10, 11) Did you not pour me out like milk And curdle me like cheese? 11 With skin and flesh you clothed me, And with bones and sinews you wove me together." Of course hardcore anti God's will sweep that aside.

Other things that shapes individuals are the environment in which we are immersed or choose for ourselves.
    (Proverbs 13:20) The one walking with the wise will become wise, But the one who has dealings with the stupid will fare badly.

Jehovah can mold us to reach our full potential by means of his Word, spirit and organisation, but we do need to ask Him. - Luke 11:13

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.