LKE 0.00% 4.0¢ lake resources n.l.

Is the bottom in?, page-1763

1. 21,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2149
    Mozza01. Note that just 3 TUs to that story which relates to one of THE biggest factors affecting Lake's SP, the price of Lithium. The amigos seem to have won their battle!! But, the war has re-started!!!!
    Already we are seeing the effect that it is having on the shorts, another of THE factors affecting the SP. The "China manipulation" is just another example of China price and supply manipulation to try to eliminate competition. It's been happeng for years and THEY ultimately pay the highest price. The competitors get even stronger!!!
    Stoc##ead yesterday. .
    MinRes (ASX:MIN) lithium boss Josh Thurlow says supply is starting to come out of the market, after the reported closure of China’s largest lepidolite mine sent downtrodden share prices surging this morning.UBS lithium analyst Sky Han said there was 11-23% upside on 2024 chemical prices after reporting to clients that the Jianxiawo lepidolite mine in the Jianxi province had been shut by the world’s largest battery maker.Reports of the Jianxiawo mine’s closure sent share prices in the Aussie market soaring.MinRes, down 50% YTD as lithium prices have tumbled, was up over 17%. Pilbara Minerals (ASXLS), down 32% YTD, was up 14%, while Greenbushes owner IGO (ASX:IGO) rose 12%. Arcadium Lithium (ASX:LTM) climbed 12%, having itself taken supply out of the future market with the decision to close its Mt Cattlin mine in WA early next year.New producers and explorers including Liontown Resources (ASX:LTR) (+16%) and Wildcat Resources (ASX:WC8) (+20%) also rocketed.Speaking to Benchmark Mineral Intelligence analyst Cam Perks at the Benchmark Gigafactories APAC Conference in Perth today, MIN lithium CEO Josh Thurlow said Jianxiawo’s closure, if permanent, would take a “sizeable chunk” of supply out of the market.“Everyone’s been sort of watching the lithium price fall over the last eight months and wondering when,” he said.“The report this morning from UBS sort of called China bottoming out on the lithium price. It has a big implication for not just here in Australia, but the global lithium market.“It does indicate that at these current prices, people aren’t going to be able to sustainably operate.“So I think we’ve all sort of known that for some time, and we’ve been waiting for supply to start coming out of the market.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $66.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12000 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 461 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.01am 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.