PLT 1.28% 79.0¢ plenti group limited

Red,Whilst you don't want to be an alarmist, I note that you...

1. TTH
    1,255 Posts.
    Red,

Whilst you don't want to be an alarmist, I note that you don't seem to have any stock held and to tend to have negative posts regarding PLT more often than positive.

That said, it's always good to have a contrast to the general 'this stock is going to fly' mentality that usually takes place on these types of forums, if for no other reason than to give the rest of us a reality check.

If it were up to Polartechnics to determine when the Chinese investment was going to take place, I have no doubt it would have been exactly one week after the SP went north of 11.5c. It isn't ... the deal is that Unisplendor will invest at a time of their choosing, up until the 25th February. In terms of optimising their allocation, they should have done so immediately after the resolution was passed (as the VWAP was still well under 11.5c), but they weren't in a position to do so at the time (it required approvals etc. on their end).

Given that it is now well above 11.5c, there is no great incentive for them to dive in, as they might pick it up cheaper if the SP goes below (as you point out), and since they have a maximum price locked in they had might as well hold on to the cash for the moment.

However, as the PLT coffers start to get a bit worrisome again I'm sure there will be plenty of reminders coming from Australia, and presumably they'll do the right thing and complete the transaction if PLT require it prior to the last moment. It is surely in both parties' interest for regular continuance of business to take place without cash-flow issues. Unisplendor would already have a big commitment in TruScreen's future (given existing purchases) and be keen to get CerviScreen going, so there's plenty of incentive to finalise the investment.

As for the SP dropping ... that's what it does, and has always done, in the abcense of news. Have a look at the PLT chart and you'll see the big spikes whenever there's good news, then the gradual drop until the next event. Looking forward to the next piece of good news of course!

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
79.0¢
Change
0.010(1.28%)
Mkt cap ! $138.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
78.5¢ 79.5¢ 78.5¢ $20.63K 26.08K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5847 79.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
79.5¢ 28391 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.