AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Is the chip's sound directionality a plus or a minus?

1. 45 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    In my opinion, one of the biggest unknowns as to Audio Pixel's success, is how the market will react to the inherent directionality of the sound from the speakers.

For microspeakers in handheld devices, usually listened to by just one person, I can't see directionality being much of a problem.

But for larger, fixed devices such as TVs, home stereo, and speakers in commercial settings I'm not sure whether the directionality is a big plus or a big minus. Will we really be able to fine tune the directionality sufficiently to deliver different volumes, or even different content, to different viewers? Will the process of manually setting up the system at the outset and then adjusting it for different numbers and types of viewers and adjusting it when they move around be more trouble than it's worth? Or will we be able to effectively incorporate smart sensors that track the position of listeners, even distinguishing between them, to automatically make these adjustments?

I don't really know the answers to these questions. Has anybody else put some thought into this?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.