GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

is the federal reserve acting legally? , page-2

1. 2,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Want to hear something interesting SP?

The US has been in a "State of Emergency" for some 75 straight years (except for a potential brief gap 1978-1979). Sounds unbelievable right? I researched it pretty thoroughly and these are the dates I collated:

1933-1976(?) Roosevelt, initiating the emergency banking act
    1939-1952 due to World War II
    1950-1978 due to the Cold War, specifically the threat of "world conquest by communist imperialism."
    1979-2004 (still ongoing?) with respect to the conflict with Iran
    2001 in response to the September 11, 2001 attacks (renewed yearly by Bush, most recently from August 2008)
    2009 Obama declared H1N1 swine flu a national emergency

What does that mean? President has extended powers as outlined here:

NATIONAL EMERGENCY POWERS - Updated Sept.18, 2001
    http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/6216.pdf

Statutory delegations from Congressexist on a stand-by basis and remain dormant until the President formally declares a national emergency. These delegations or grants of power authorize the President to meet the problems of governing effectively in times of crisis. Under the powers delegated by such statutes, the President may seize property, organize and control the means of production, seize commodities, assign military forces abroad, institute martial law, seize and control all transportation and communication, regulate the operation of private enterprise, restrict travel, and, in a variety of ways, control the lives of United States citizens.

Perhaps these powers granted by the SOE allow the President to authorise the non-constitutional and illegal (?) Federal Reserve currency...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.