LYC 0.63% $6.41 lynas rare earths limited

Is the major issue resolved?

1. 7,434 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    The reason I sold 5 months ago was fear about the WW economy and a strong belief that a correction would send Lynas stock down. I still firmly believe this. I believe how Lynas stock behaved in last two weeks only shows how a fall below $1.00 is very possible. One because many of the devices that use rare earths are deferrable purchases, like auto’s. I believe ICE autos are one of the biggest users of PMs. AL was warning us of this in AR pg 12 section labelled Lynas Corporation Limited and Controlled Entities. REO prices fall further and Lynas profits will go red, the stock will fall. Second every correction that I have seen in years of investing always has a rotation from Growth Stocks to Value Stocks. I have been watching cash flows in and out of both Growth and Value mutual funds. It is occurring but slower than I originally thought. I am still convinced that debt loads in general and Emerging market Debt in particular will trigger the correction. Up to now I have only posted one article about this. Yesterday The IMF came out with a warning about many of the things that I have been concerned about.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...inancial-crash-says-imf/ar-BBNSu3J?li=BBnb7Kz

Corrections usually last 12 months. Only one in the last 50 years has lasted more than 18 months. If you want to hold during this period I find that a reasonable strategy. The last 4 corrections I have moved into value stocks and away from growth. Value stocks did go down, not nearly as much as growth and especially aggressive growth which is what I classify Lynas as. Rotating out of growth and then back in when things start to improve has been the single biggest contributor to my portfolio increase. In general rotating in an out has made me 30% ~ 50% more than just holding the growth stocks till things are over. I live off of my investments. I only move into cash to have sufficient cash to see me through two years so that I do not have to sell when stocks are low. The higher dividends of Value stocks helps with this as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.41
Change
0.040(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.40 $13.34M 2.079M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13384 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 13471 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.