APT 0.00% $66.47 afterpay limited

Is the SPP about to push the SP off a cliff???, page-5

1. 1,186 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 214
    Great analysis. Appreciate the effort. I won't suggest anything to with other SPP on other stocks, however my view on this situation is below for comment.

The major difference (& hardest to factor) is that previous SPP were run in conjunction with institutional capital raisings (don't forget the institutional capital raising - 10x as big as the SPP - in June was at the same price as the current SPP being offered at & was to run in conjunction). You are also seeing today's price at a far more significant premium to the raising price as June announcement & most recent raising at $28.00. Your retracement after raising as speculated above has already occurred in my view - in the period after the June raising.

Personally, I think the biggest chance of a retrace towards the SPP price is a major change in sentiment (a la prior to Xmas last year). This may happen if any of the following happens -
    APT announcement missing growth forecasts - not sure there will even be an announcement between now & SPP close - so this risk would appear to be minor - though becomes more significant towards HY results in Feb.
    US & China halt trade talks
    Jeremy Corbyn is elected in Britain
    Australian GDP inputs for the current quarter significantly deteriorate

If there are further positive changes to sentiment, I believe this is one of the greatest arbitrage opportunities for retail holders we will see, not forgetting holders have until early-mid Jan to make a decision & can sell their entitlement (or matching holding as soon as allocated if price is still above SPP).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.