AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

One example of one of my posts via research crazyman..!!Posted...

1. 2,391 Posts.
    One example of one of my posts via research crazyman..!!

Posted by Sheeza 19/12/2010

Carajas'
    TU 46+

With five projects up & running in the Carajas,no wonder all AVB sh's struggle to contain their excitement.
    The deal with Vale displays the reputation of this highly sought after area in the world.
    And AVB couldn't have selected a more prosperous area to focus their drilling campaign three years back,prior to the GFC temporarily delaying their drilling program then.
    That is all now a distant memory...
    Throw in $24m,a 50,000m drilling program & the potential is unlimited...
    Lets not forget the price & demand for copper increasing rapidly(forecast to hit US$11,000 ton 2011)

Source
    http://www.mining-technology.com/projects/carajas/

"The Carajas region boasts the richest reserves and concentrations of iron ore anywhere in the world and was discovered entirely by accident in the late 60s when a US Steel Helicopter was forced to land on a hill in the area to refuel. Surveyors on board noted the baron state of the hill and subsequently discovered that the iron content was as high as 66%.

Other mineral deposits were discovered later; Carajas is rich not only in iron ore but also ores for manganese, COPPER, tin, aluminium and even gold."

Mining

The operation utilises an open pit mining complex with an initial capacity of 35 million tons a year (tpy) - soon to be extended - a deep-water port near the city of Sao Luis, in the Northeastern State of Maranhao, with a handling capacity of vessels of up to 280,000dwt, and a single track 1.6m gauge railway line of approximately 890km interconnecting the mine to the port.

Production

Vale's iron ore production for 2007 at Carajas was 296 million metric tons, an increase of 12% on the previous year.

The Carajas Mine also relinquished: 17.6 million metric tons of pellets; 247,900 metric tons of finished nickel; 9.1 million metric tons of bauxite; 4.3 million tons of alumina; 551,000 metric tons of aluminium; 1.3 million metric tons of kaolin; 2,500 metric tons of cobalt.

In 2009, three new annual records were made in terms of production of coal at 5.4 million metric tons, bauxite that reached 12.5 million metric tons and alumina at 5.9 million metric tons."

Cheers

Sheeza

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.