CNM carnegie corporation limited

is the wa grant still available, page-2

1. 84 Posts.
    Acees I too recall the excitement of earlier in the year but am learning now that this is all so much more, as you've done here often enough, a market where our decisions need to be made on genuine homework. That's why I really liked your pointing out that Senate transcript, just confirms to me that the Fed Govt is aware of what we have on offer.

Now, turning to the hopeful - same theme as my previous post I guess, but who saw ABC 7:30 Report tonight? A segment critiquing the Rudd Govt on slowness to act on backing renewables, lots of whinging from the wind power section [alas I don't have a lot of sympathy],some really interesting bits on solar thermal and a general message from the Libs and Greens that Garratt and Rudd are moving at snails pace. So, lets see what Wong does later this week or early next on announcing our 2020 target - I fancy it will be on the low side and meet with howls from the Greens and much muddying of the waters from the Libs.

But all this will add up to pressure to look like the Govt is really acting, so dishing out that bit Federal Grant money is likely to be 'robust' ie on the generous side. Well politically that's how I read it and we are in the box seat to be successful. Ok...that is hope, but there is some analysis.

Mind you, in this market I don't expect any be jumps in share price if we do grab the 'prize' it will be in the demo model and a better investment climate from say mid 2010.

So while the likes of Alan Kohler - who I really like as a commentor and subscribe to his newsletter - talk of once in a generational opportunities to invest for the long term in blue chip companies [mind you he's not saying leap in now, but rather to quietly accumulate]. Well yes, but we may well be seeing Carnegie's price at a luxury level at the moment and up to say March or so next year when hopefully the grant will be ours.

I do plenty of technical trading of stocks but try to hunt down the stories that are potentially the next generation [no pun intended] blue chips. The renewables and anything with a whiff of cleaning up coals just deserve attention as it is hard not to see a host of stars aligning over the next decade for the smart well run companies - and Carnegie has that about it. Wished I could go to the AGM though to actually see for myself the cut of managment's jib but rely on your reporting that seemed pretty positive, and the media I've seen on them gives one reason to be confident.

Since I've been trading and investing - only three years admittedly, so be cautious with anything I say!- one runs across charts of stocks, every now and then, where prices hovered in narrow bands under say 50c for a long time then it all come together over a 3 to 5 year period and they are trading plus $10 --- well that happens to be my dream for wave and geo-thermal.

sorry to go on for so long!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.