CNM carnegie corporation limited

is the wa grant still available, page-3

1. 1,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12

Your dream and mine Hayman!

Thanks for pointing out the 7:30 Report story. I've been waiting for the media to finally take aim at Rudd & Co for "doing nothing for the environment". Seriously, they are a joke. On Sunday night, Penny Wong "announced" the "Guidelines" for the $1 billion urban water plan. The guidelines!! One year after she first announced the actual plan! (which they also announced a second time at the budget!). Unbelievable. The 7:30 Report is just the beginning - if Labor doesn't start actually "doing", instead of talking, they are toast. And as you say, CNM is in a good place to become an example of how they are "doing".

In terms of Penny Wong, i was intrigued to hear scuttlebutt that the WA libs might announce the WA low emission grants within a week. I think Wong is due to be in Poland at the international climate talkfest around that time and it appeals to my cynical view of politics to think the WA libs would choose to announce a state grant to WA renewable energy companies while Penny was busy achieving absolutely nothing overseas. Nice spin - the WA libs "doing" while Labor "talks". Ahhh, just my wishful thinking! I've been wrong too many times with ideas like that.

As for CNM management. I havent had anything ongoing with them, but i did get to spend a decent chunk of time working with them at one stage and while i cant vouch for them personally, what i can say is that they are very professional. In fact, i'd say exceptionally professional. I've worked in some top end of town, very professional environments, and my experience of Ottaviano, Burns and CNM in general was extremely encouraging. What was most encouraging is that their professionalism was not born out of excessive waste - for expample, it's easy for top tier law firms to throw money and resources at a problem so that they appear to the client to be "professional", when they are in fact being horribly inefficient. In contrast, CNM have a natural and very impressive professionalism born out of experience and talent. There's no extravagance, and i appreciated that. Their offices and research facilities are modest, but clean and professional. In terms of their work ethic, the company are incredible - very intelligent and motivated. They want to be here for the long term. Also, historically, Alan Burns has overseen some pretty incredible projects, including oil reserves in inaccessible parts of the old Soviet Union. An Albany wave farm will be a doddle in comparison.

I actually got into CNM as much because of my experience with their management, as the technology. I'm no engineer so i dont know diddly squat about that side of it, other than the obvious benefits of the design. So it does help a lot when you feel you "know" the company. It's also inspiring because i really believe they have the experience, skills and management to make it work. They will get to 2000-3000MW if all goes well technically. They just need a start. That's why i am gagging to move to the next level - get a grant, a contract, anything. It will be a long, fruitful journey from there once the ball is rolling. I dont give a toss really if the SP is at 30c, 10c or $1, as long as the ball is rolling.

(Reading this back i think they should employ me to do their PR! - I'm giving myself a pep talk here as much as anyone else - i've been a bit gloomy with the wallowing SP but writing this has reminded my why the effing hell I invested in the first place and why i've been writing on this thread every other day for god knows how long!! I dont have any other speccies and dont post on any other threads - the only reason i'm captivated by this stock is the reasons above. Otherwise i would sit on Woolworths, CBA and BHP shares and not log onto HC at all!).

None of this means they actually will succeed, but i've got high hopes they will, in the long term. As long as the technical side plays out and we dont get diluted into insignificance in the meantime, we'll do well. But I wouldnt mind also doing well in the short term!!

and you reckon you dribble on!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.