GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Thanks for the upvotes guys... make a rant worthwhile :)You guys...

1. 551 Posts.
    Thanks for the upvotes guys... make a rant worthwhile :)

You guys are right - it was too strong to call Ron Paul a moron...

But I haven't ever seen any particularly sophisticated answers to any questions which concern what would happen if America did stop policing the world. He may be right... but I would need to know more about the actual details about how just leaving everyone else to their own devices will work. He has to tell us why things will work out in detail - and this requires sophisticated geo-political analysis which I just do not see from him.

Going back to the general - it's a foreign policy crisis as opposed to a financial crisis - issue. An interesting thing I read today was about how various canadian firms are going out of their minds at the lack of response by their political class to the buy american clause of the stimulus bill.

We can use such cases as empirical test cases for my theory. If I'm right, then the political classes across the world will resist as long as possible in reacting to American protectionism. If I'm wrong then protectionism will ramp up as quickly as the doomsayers say it will. So I think this serves as a nice point of possible falsifiability (which all good theories must have).

The whole protectionism issue is an extremely important one because it is a nexus of tension that the global elite must hold if they are going to keep their reign intact. If world populations get restless because of the free ride that america is given, then the elite will be in trouble since it'll put political pressure on them to deny the free lunch to america. It's probably one of their weakest points... although I doubt the general population will ever wake up to it. Too stupido...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.