CCL 0.00% $13.30 coca-cola amatil limited

There's lots of lines on lots of charts above - and if that...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    There's lots of lines on lots of charts above - and if that means something to you, well good luck.

I bought in at $8.50 - not advice to others - the thinking is that the stock has been pummeled by around 35% from its recent highs, and while partially that is deserved due to the reduced volumes / margins from Covid-19, the fundamentals in the medium and longer term remain strong. It's a cash cow that can provide 20% ROE, and I am quite bullish on the potential for growth in Indonesia particularly with the fast-food chains they signed up recently. If you know Indonesia, you'll know this could be huge quantities in the long term.

At a more macro level, we're clearly seeing in the markets a preference for glamour tech stocks over boring ol' value stocks. Though I'd be hoping for history to repeat. In 2008 they were pummeled by 30% ($10 down to $7), and when the rotation in the markets went back to value / dividend stocks, they rebounded 100% in a couple of years with dividends along the way. Similarly in 1999/2000, a drop of around 50% was followed by a five year bull run of around 120% with dividends along the way.

Who knows where this goes next, the market does seem frothy overall. Keep some powder dry I suppose, as still potential for more downside risk, particularly after the next earnings which could be the bottom for CCL.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.