PLS 0.72% $4.14 pilbara minerals limited

So yesterday was a nasty shock and depressing seeing our PLS...

1. 202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    So yesterday was a nasty shock and depressing seeing our PLS shares fall by almost a quarter. Like most of us, I'm trying to get digest all the information on HC and Twitter (so forgive me if I'm posting something already covered).

As I understand it was the report from GS https://www.goldmansachs.com/insights/pages/gs-research/battery-metals-watch-the-end-of-the-beginning/report.pdf was the trigger. It was then accompanied by this article from The Paper (google translate from original) https://www-thepaper-cn.translate.goog/newsDetail_forward_18350577?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp. claiming to be an exclusive regarding Chinese Lithium powerhouse BYD acquiring some amazing assets in Africa.

The general sentiment from investors like us is that this is market manipulation at its finest. While that certainly seems like a strong possibility I prefer to set emotion and confirmation bias aside and want to dig further. In my opinion, the GS report is not nearly as alarming as the BYD mines.

Like most of us who have researched Lithium to the nth degree finding out that there are not just one but six African mines with grades of 2.5% and 25Mt reserves is mindblowing, and that some of these mines are ready for production is even more jaw-dropping.

If this is outright fake news then, along with the GS report timing, it has to be one of the nastiest examples of market manipulation I have ever seen - right up there with the shonkiest crap pulled off just before the GFC. But if it's even remotely true that these mines exist then I think we are just at the bringing of some substantial pain.

But aside from what was in The Paper, I know of no other reference to these mines - has anyone come across anything in their research regarding them existing?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.14
Change
-0.030(0.72%)
Mkt cap ! $12.46B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.19 $4.22 $4.11 $64.82M 15.63M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 96377 $4.13

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.14 150292 11
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.13
  Change
-0.030 ( 1.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.18 $4.22 $4.11 5188310
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.