is there trouble in krudds camp

1. 23,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    WEST Australian unionist Joe McDonald will drop his legal battle against his expulsion from the ALP to show "solidarity with his comrades".

Construction Forestry Mining and Energy Union boss Kevin Reynolds said yesterday he was quitting the Labor party over its treatment of his wife, Labor MP Shelley Archer, who resigned yesterday before she could be expelled.

By quitting the ALP, Ms Archer pre-empted moves by WA Premier Alan Carpenter to expel her over confidential leaks to her mentor, lobbyist and disgraced former premier Brian Burke.

They join in exile from the Labor party, CFMEU WA deputy Mr McDonald who was recently expelled from the ALP, at the behest of Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd, over comments he made about Prime Minister John Howard.

Mr McDonald was fighting Mr Rudd's "capricious act of expulsion".

But today said he would drop that battle to show support for his mates.

"Today I announce my departure from Labor Party ranks," Mr McDonald said.

"I do not intend to press the challenge to my expulsion. I vehemently believe my expulsion was unjust - but rather than lay down and take it - I choose to show solidarity to my comrades and join them in their protest against the party."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.