GLN 1.75% 28.0¢ galan lithium limited

I'm bullish on the long-term prospects of GLN, but as Keynes...

1. 8,188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2796
    I'm bullish on the long-term prospects of GLN, but as Keynes warned "in the long run we are all dead."
    Finance remains the elephant in the room. And things have only got more difficult, IMHO, in terms of securing the necessary finance to finish Stage 1 since the company engaged ATM. They will most likely sell the stock they get. Also, shorters/vultures will ride on the back of the uncertainty created by GLN's decision to engage with ATM. And the last thing a company like GLN needs, given it's shortage of cash, is a dynamic unfolding whereby a falling share price creates further uncertainty about their ability to raise finance.
    People seem confused by the fall in the share price after the agreement with the provincial government (which is a solid step in the right direction), but at this point it's all about finance (or lack thereof). So I am not surprised at all by the share price struggles.
    GLN has the potential to be a $billion company. But it seems a few poor decisions by management (in particular, getting into bed with Glencore without getting their money upfront), creates big questions marks about whether existing shareholders will benefit from the inherent value, or whether it's another large lithium company or Glencore, themselves, who 'gets all the cream.'
    Everything can change overnight if they get a financier onboard or they sell 50% of the project for, say, $100 million to the Chinese, but the decision to engage with ATM in the first place says everything to me about where their funding options stand currently. I think the most likely way current shareholders 'make bank' is through a takeover like we saw with LPI, most likely by the big boys operating next door.
    We're also due for a quarterly soon, which will reveal cash burn and cash balances.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $115.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.0¢ 29.0¢ 28.0¢ $276.0K 973.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
12 364307 28.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 187335 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
28.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 0.21 %)
Open High Low Volume
28.5¢ 28.5¢ 28.0¢ 261148
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.