Is this a leftwing thing or just plain dumb???

1. 16,648 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/inappropriate-and-insensitive-why-its-time-to-cancel-sydneys-new-years-eve-fireworks/news-story/69e54f2be4a0adfa2b9f9b07455f68ab

I think there are reasons to stop the fireworks more about wasting money but they have been doing it for so long now why stop now.

In the above link the author thinks of stopping the fireworks because disrespectful to those suffering from fire throughout the year. First question I have is is this even a leftwing argument??

Who actually thinks fireworks have got anything to do with bush fires?? Is it because fire is in the word firework??

The way I look at it professionals organise a firework presentation from the water in a harbour, most of the bushfires are deliberately lite by firebugs. What is the comparison??

No firebugs are lighting fireworks are they??

What am I missing??? What part is missing in my brain that sees no connection between fireworks and the bushfires??

Can someone enlighten me???

The article refers to smoke from the fireworks but remember people do not see the smoke on the TV and it is a TV presentation!!

Last edited by DavoMagic: 12/12/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.