ASM 3.11% 78.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

Is this a source of new funding?, page-31

1. 1,032 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 204
    I've always found @prhb's comments to be worthwhile, and I think he makes a reasonable point here. At a certain point talking about politics is just venting – an exercise in banging one's head against a wall. It also stirs up more division than many, if not all, other topics.

FWIW I think the best leaders are the most reluctant to lead, as they know what being a good leader entails in terms of setting a good example, and the personal sacrifice that goes along with holding one's self to an impeccable standard of integrity. They also tend to know what they will be up against should they manage to gain any kind of political traction – the wrath of powerful groups and individuals who benefit from the status quo. On the other hand, those who actively chase power usually do so out of self-interest, and therefore tend to put themselves first when conflicts of interest arise. The latter's lack of principles makes them very well-suited to playing the political game, but they generally have little to offer the general population once they assume any sort of power. Therein lies the rub.

In any case, one thing all ASM holders can thank the government for (assuming it is forthcoming) is ASM's $200m interest-free loan from the EFA. Along with our self-interest as shareholders in seeing ASM succeed, I think it is fair to say that it is in the national interest to support forward-thinking, and strategically important, companies like ASM. At least the government is doing something right.

Anyway, just a few thoughts after a few beers.

Cheers to all, and hope everyone has a nice weekend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
78.0¢
Change
-0.025(3.11%)
Mkt cap ! $141.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
80.5¢ 81.0¢ 77.5¢ $427.1K 536.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2053 78.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.