lol Warnie,and that is where all the disagreements here stem...

1. 1,227 Posts.
    lol Warnie,

and that is where all the disagreements here stem from- it's all about people trying to time the market, and some beleive it is set for a fall, others feel it will be flat, and yet others feel that there is a supply shortage and that prices are set to soar.

What concerns me atm is all the conflicting signals from the Housing mkt, and that is why I am staying on the sidelines until such time as the trend becomes clearer. I may miss out on some upside, but then again, I may not.

One factor no one seems to have mentioned:

There are less new houses being built. Some see this as a good sign for existing housings price prospects. That will be so up to a point, but has anyone considered the following:

1. There are less new houses being built because the builders cannot build houses at a price which the market finds affordable,
    2. Existing housing prices will go up, but at some point will reach the same price constraints as for new housing,
    3. So something in the whole demand / supply equation will need to change for the market to progress. This could be wages catching up to house prices (inflation), increase in no of persons per dwelling, etc

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.