WAN 0.00% $5.00 west australian newspapers holdings limited

Personally I only bought WAN shares about a week before this...

1. 161 Posts.
    Personally I only bought WAN shares about a week before this whole saga started. Talk about awful timing on my behalf.

I personally think this is a complete dud of a deal. I purchased as probably many have, because of the strong dividend yield and low debts levels.

I have looked into some independent research on this deal. I can confirm that independent groups, including EQR securities and Aegis have stated that shareholders should REJECT the transaction. I wouldn?t be surprised if The Intelligent Investor would advise the same way as they are usually highly critical of these kinds of dud deals.

Sadly it?s all out of the hand of us smaller holders. I personally will be voting no, but am under no illusions that its pretty much signed sealed and delivered.

Our only hope is that Australian Foundation Investments who I heard were originally not going to take up the share purchase offer (I?m not sure if they took it up or not), can muster up some support to sink the deal. Although I don?t think AFI are that active in trying to support or sink investment deals.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.