is this no country for old women or men?, page-12

1. 5,822 Posts.
    Hmmm ... I am going to say something terrible ...

I think the whole public debate about aged pensions and worker participation et al is SERIOUSLY SICK !!

The age pension now is like $30billion and taxes from Super-pool are already like $15billion.

And age is not a choice folks ... and whilst it is not an issue for me as I am rich ... folks need to remember we paid taxes at a top end marginal rate of $0.60/$ and the Govt can get off it's SPENDTHRIFT A.... with it's handout to Gen Y who by the way are sooo b.... selfish they are NOT replenishing the stock of taxpayers ...

And this business of making old folks feel guilty for 'not providing enough for their retirement' is the greatest propaganda s... at the most vulnerable in our society !!

The net cost of aged pensions after Super-pool receipts is like $15billion ... Super-pool receipts should not be regarded as general revenue. The Govts own numbers show that aged pensions will rise until about 2025 and then begin to decline as Super-pool (then est. $2.2trillion) retirees drawdown.

Aged pensions are rising at 3% p.a. .. and Govt revenues at 15% .. and a number of studies have shown that a working human (now male and female) will contribute around a net $1million in dollar value to society over a lifetime.

And Govts that have to give 'baby-bonuses', maternity/paternity etc are not progressive ... these are BRIBES !!!

The Govt is throwing money in the wrong directions and us taxpayers are becoming cruel to those who are in genuine need.

If yer want to point the finger ... point it at Gen Y's ... start pulling yer weight in society .. get off the booze/drugs and work and save and pay yer taxes like the generations before you ...

That feels better ...

Cheers ... tight stops.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.