VCR ventracor limited

is this product on hold or obsolete?, page-10

1. 429 Posts.
    re: hotcopper moderates can post this? Subject re: is this product on hold or obsolete?
    Posted 11/01/05 20:45 - 39 reads
    Posted by syringe
    Post #481019 - in reply to msg. #480635

I suspect this company is not doing implants right now. I could understand if St Vincent's doctors or patients were gun shy.

I think it is all at a halt. Can anyone speculate otherwise.

The death rate, which I am sure they don't blame on their life saving device, is quite frightening with 50% deaths in Sydney and Melbourne within a year of the trial commencing.

If they don't get some support and usage of the device the deaths can only increase.

I see the Heartware product is not only smaller, cheaper, direct to the heart, smaller mkt cap and a quick operation but it also appears to have major hospitals in the UK and Aus ready to take it on and it also has a product pipeline of extraordinary promise.

Mind you get your own info and advice. I am shorting this product and did so today and hope to tomorrow through either shares or derivatives.
    Subject is this product on hold or obsolete?
    Posted 11/01/05 14:50 - 59 reads
    Posted by syringe
    Post #480635 - start of thread

Can anyone with friends answer this question?

Is this company at a standstill? Have there been any implants at St Vincent's since the second patient died? Have there been any in Melbourne?
    Have there been any in Perth but for the 3? Have there been any in the UK?

I suspect that the answer is no. I suspect this is bad news. I see that Heartware will also trial at St Vincent's.

What happened to all the fanfare of trials?

Voluntary Disclosure: Position Sentiment: Sell TOU violation

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.