Is this really a day trading forum? With real day trade tips?

1. 672 Posts.
    Serious question. I've tried using the DT threads for trades, I've left it, and I've come back but still struggling to get value from it. And I'm sure I'm not the only one scratching my head about this. A long post ahead, so I appreciate your time and comments on this.

Anyway, I'm still pretty new to HC, I've built a decent track record from Short Term Trading, but I'm currently looking into day trading to lower my time frames further and manage overnight risk...

Keen to be a regular contributor on these forums, especially once I begin hitting my stride...but I want to post and add value, and also get some value out of reading HC...

So the reason I ask is because HC has 3 forums I'm trying to distinguish between, ASX - DT, ASX - Charts, and also ASX - STT.
    STT forum is dominated by the STT tipping comp...
    Charts forum feels like it is dominated by two parties, short term traders disclosing their holdings, and PLS holders absolutely abusing the charts forum with posts completely unrelated to charts...

Now I've looked at the threads in ASX - DT carefully in the past few weeks, and I've noted so many "tips" are untradable/unprofitable...in particular those ones that gap really hard in the morning, and just close the gap as expected...
    NICE DAY TRADE, not really, unless you were either SHORTING it or you were in a long position last night, which no longer warrants it as a true "day trade".

So anyway, I've given DT posters the benefit of the doubt that their juicy tips were in fact profitable, and since most picks are not shortable (since they're too small/micro caps), that means most tips were likely to be Short Term Buy Trades (Or even longer term emotional commentary), and NOT day trades, which is what I'm strictly looking for...

But maybe I'm just misunderstanding how the DT threads here work, so any thoughts?

Cheers and happy friday!
    Last edited by ineptrader: 09/12/16

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.