Hi @abn2609 :) I used to be a DTer, now I've got a "proper" job,...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hi @abn2609

I used to be a DTer, now I've got a "proper" job, just got back from it at the end of the day so I have a bit of time to reply.

Here's what I've noticed FWIW ...

Be wary of tips, as you mention, since the odds are that these are mainly (not always) holders with a bias.
    Are the tips profitable? Doubt it, generally speaking. I actually did a bit of my own empirical research back in the day and found that about 90% or so of posters who give a price target for the end of day are wrong. This is the "going to close at 10c by Friday" kind of thing. This is different to the "if it cracks through 3c then the next target is 5c" kind of post.
    Most of the posters here are not pure DTers, so you will be disappointed. Most are ST players. I can think of one "pure" DTer from memory and even he held a few sometimes.
    From what I've read, perhaps most of the posters here have a "proper" job which allows them to also trade during the day (!).

Here's where the value might be for you though:
    The After Market and Pre Open threads are worth a read. Some solid info posted every day from peeps (various scans).
    We have some TA purists here who really do know their stuff. They would typically do their homework after the day is ended and be ready with a watchlist for the following morning. You will soon find out who these people are if you keep at it.

If you're mainly looking for tips, though, you might be in trouble. If you're just looking for a DT thread, then that also might not work for you.

Personally, I mainly post here for shits and giggles. I occasionally notice something and will post. It's a very broad church - maybe too broad for you?

All the best, whatever you do

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.