XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

is this the beginning of the end, page-15

1. 4,960 Posts.
    Hi JLK, how ya doin' bloke?

The above chart examples are from my favourite charting package, Bullcharts, created, developed and maintained in Australia. I like it so much I still pay them for daily data even though I can get the stuff for free with other packages.

It does have a nifty little scripting language and some good plug and play stuff, can be used to scan watchlists of stocks etc etc.

ITFinance's charting package... (provided for free with the CMCMarkets and IGMarkets platforms) is also pretty good... I haven't delved too far into their language but the documentation suggest fairly good programmability.

This may not apply to you, but for me, I found that when I stopped trying to program systems, and concentrated on what the systems were all about, then tried to write them in my native tongue, that I gained a lot more insight into the movement of price over time... Previously, it was too easy to just plug an indicator-based signal into a computer based system without really understanding the indicator.

Mind you that being said, coding your own indicators does force some insight.

Also a big help for me was pureley watching price on fast moving markets, 1 minute or five minute charts such as indices and commodities (same with some liquid equitiies). Repetitions, correlations, patterns and so forth are exhibited on a daily basis, and seeing them as they happen, fast enough to be able to form an opinion and see if the opinion is supported is a boon.

Hope that helps.

PS thanks for the thanks...I REALLY appreciate it... as I'm sure you know, and it's no doubt getting boring... I owe a lot to the regs on the XJO thread... been lurking for years, desperate to join the ranks of the Gods lol... So your thanks are thanks to them...

And of Course The Big Bad Beast HotCopper,
    The Mods and their thankless task (Onya guys)

Other traders that hang in different parts of this site, like the Forex and commodity crew.

Aaaaand even though they irked some... The Mighty Goblin and Sabretoothed.

Legends all...

Off to bed.

;)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.