is this the death of manufactue in australia

1. 3,933 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Hi all

Is the carbon tax and the mining tax the death of Australia manufacture and businesses ??

In yesterdays herald sun an article about a chemical company
    in Altona VIC, shelving $1 billion expansion and looking else where overseas, as well as a future $10 billion in exports and 150 high-skilled jobs.

How many more other companies will look at going overseas ??
    as well as companies that where looking at investing in Australia ?? not investing here.

Will this be the first of many companies in Australia or in fact companies that are looking to invest here looking else where ??

I know I'm not happy about that what about our kids and there FUTURE, where will all the jobs be I wonder ?? if the companies move overseas, just because of the carbon and mining tax as well as the cost side of it all.

What about QANTAS what will happen with them ?? will they just move overseas to lower there cost ?? we all know that in to days world, companies need to make a profit I get that, so Qantas makes a profit of about $ 400-500 million last year as well the year before that, now not a lot of airlines world wide are making profits let alone for the last 4-5 years, so why is Qantas doing this to there staff ??

Where will it all end if they all move overseas and our kids don't have jobs ?? will they (kids) stay at home with us a lot longer ( until they are 50-60 ) if they have no jobs I hope not lol.

Just think very hard what the Government wants, in the future we may have one of the lowers CO2 emissions in the world but what about our kids and there JOBS IN THE FUTURE ??

China will keep on increasing CO2 gases each year, more then what Australia does in one year, so how will that save us all ?? will Australia be the only place left on Earth to live ?? I think not

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.