WLC 0.00% 0.8¢ wollongong coal limited

Is this the End of the Raod

1. 2,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 497
    Wollongong Coal is cutting more jobs at its Russell Vale coal mine.
    The move comes as the beleaguered mine awaits approval for an expansion project which will see mining extended at the site for five years.
    Wollongong Coal’s chief operating officer David Stone said the mine would shut down over Easter in a bid to stagger coal production and workers have until April 10 to decide if they will take the voluntary redundancies on offer.
    Stone said the workforce restructure would have occurred regardless of the outcome of its expansion plans but he would not be moved on the number of jobs to be cut at the mine.
    "Wollongong Coal is in an ongoing discussion with employees about ways it can restructure the workforce as it seeks state and federal approvals," Stone said.
    "We've put some options to limit the effect on people."
    The Planning Assessment Commission was recently tasked with reviewing the mine’s expansion plans, with a decision on the project delayed as PAC seeks more information from the Dams Safety Committee.
    Currently, Wollongong Coal only has permission to mine until December 2015.
    The company is proposing to expand its mining operations to the north-west to extract 4.7 million tonnes of coal over the next five years.
    The proposal, known as the Underground Expansion Project (UEP), involves the extraction of coal from eight new longwalls.
    However issues over subsidence, surface and ground water impacts, and potential flooding impacts over Bellambi Gully and Bellambi Creek led to the PAC review.
    The Dams Safety Committee will now weigh in on whether it thinks Wollongong Coal should be allowed to mine under swampland that flows into the Cataract Dam.

and does this inspire confidence?

Jasbir Singh, Chairman and CEO, Wollongong Coal
    Jasbir Singh
    Multiple leadership role and senior Responsibilities:
    - Chairman and CEO of Wollongong Coal, An ASX listed coking Coal producing Company based in Wollongong, NSW employing about 250 employees.
    - Country Head and Managing Director, Jindal Group for investments in Resource Sector and Power Projects.
    - Director on the Board of Port Kembla Coal Terminal(PKCT)
    - Director on the Board of Australian Coal Research Ltd, Australian Nodal agency for coal research.
    Strategic Planner for identifying long term objectives and plans to achieving it. For exp. Started business for Jindal in Australia to establish a resource sector company to meet the coking/thermal coal requirements. Many of the strategic goals are met.
    Strong understanding of power sector after working for leading Public Sector companies(POWERGRID and NTPC) of India in Power Sector. Member of core team for listing of Powergrid.
    An effective communicator with strong analytical, logical, problem solving & organizational abilities.
    Speaker on various conferences like Coaltrans, Brisbane and Asia Mining Congress, Singapore, Australia-India Annual Address and other conferences in Australia.
    Member of Australia India Business Counsel, College color in Yoga, social sports activity for Badminton and Tennis.
    Education
    PGDM (Finance) from MDI, Gurgaon in 2005
    PGD (Power System) from NTNU, Trondheim, Norway in 1999 under NORAD Fellowship programme
    B.E (Electrical), Hons from Punjab Engg College, Chandigarh in 1988
    Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD)
    Speaker at International Conference
    Speaker in the Coal Trans conference held in Brisbane in 2011, 2012 and 2013 on topic – Investing in Australia’s coal assets – Strategies for foreign investors
    Speaker in the Annual Asia Mining Congress 2012 and 2013 held in Singapore on the topic of panel discussion is – Maintaining Australia’s competitive edge- is it still a destination of choice for Asian investors?
    Speaker at Energy Future Conference organized by UNSW at Sydney in November,2014, panel discussion during member of Australia Business week in India,2015

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WLC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.