CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

is this the most ramed up stock on the asx, page-2

1. 2,681 Posts.
    Maybe.

Call it "raming", call it ramping, or call it a presentation of facts, reasoned arguments, detailed financial analysis, sovereign risk analysis, energy markets analysis, and a whole lot more. There are plenty of bold claims and statements made here for sure. Don't believe the hype - believe the facts. Then consider any intelligent analysis based on those facts. Have you read the 3 broker reports published already? Here's the link, in case you haven't.

Love the "penny dreadful" slur, BTW. I wonder how many people were put off investing in FMG, SFR & PDN, when they were also once "penny dreadfuls"?

Have a read of these articles & then come back and tell me "Coal .......its not the energy of the future, in fact seems to be pretty much on the nose on a global scale if you ask me."

Tell that to the Sri Lankans, who will officially open their first ever coal-fired power plant tomorrow. Never mind that China and India are investing trillions of dollars in the next decade on coal-fired power plants & infrastructure.

Perhaps you can also tell your argument to Warren Buffett. Read this:
    Warren Buffett's big railroad buy is also a huge bet on coal

"Is the price fixed/locked
    are the production costs fixed
    do they have appropriate insurance against loss of production/workers entitelments
    appropriate accounting for depreciation/replacment of machinery
    Currency exchange risks.....hedged, unhedged or a mix of both."

Strange questions from an avowed "Pure Chartist" - Funky Monk our own "pure chartist" would be flummoxed! Prices for export coal are at RB API4 spot prices, domestic coal prices are set via short term contracts. Long term production costs for export coal are expected to remain at approx. $61pt. However, I don't know of many mining companies who can "fix" production costs. You need to put those other questions to management, who incidentally have decades of experience in the SA coal sector, with majors such as BHP, XStrata, Shell, Noble, and AngloAmerican. To think that these professionals would not have made contingency planning for such risks, let alone applying basic accounting procedures, is surely a joke?

"What if the powerhouse of China and the western world slows down."Well then Conti won't be the only company in the world affected, will it?

If you are that worried about such "what ifs?" then perhaps the small cap resources sector is not for you? Perhaps a fixed rate term deposit at a big four bank would be a better investment?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.