BLY 0.00% $2.91 boart longyear group ltd

is this the same company?, page-41

1. 1,716 Posts.
    Depthtrader,

I agree that there is "systemic" problems. Are you then saying that there is more bad news to come out of the banking system? I'm in 2 minds about that. One side of me agrees with you and the other suggests that the economy (which is made of people like you and me - consumers) will not come to a sudden halt. I feel that the issues caused by the "systemic" problems have already being realised and the that the "systemic" problems that exist are being addressed by the US, the World Bank and the global banking community in general. The world economy will not stop, we all have to eat, be clothed, have somewhere to live, be made warm and move around (transport). So in essence, every aspect of the world economy will still function. The question in my mind is - to what degree will the world economy function and that is the question that should be addressed. The "systemic" problems will have to be addressed to avoid what the world economoy is going through at the moment. This period will be in the "Banking" and "Economics" text books and will not happen again in our life time. Furthermore, just about every country has suggested that there will be more regulation (in fact, the EC has insisted it happen) to stop bad practices by banks.

Just adding my 2 cents worth. :).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.