GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

is this the start, page-3

1. 2,213 Posts.
    >>>I just can't subscribe to the theory that fiat moneys will be worthless and you'll pay for items in gold<<<

Nobody is suggesting that at all.

>>>and as I mentioned on another thread, world stockmarkets with only a couple of exceptions have outperformed gold for 6 months<<<

This one has me spinning!.....and for the last decade gold gold has beaten them all.

>>>You gotta be wondering what the big boys are thinking with loads of exposure to gold<<<

Not sure who the "big boys" are that you are talking about, but maybe they know something.....afterall that's why their "big boys" right?

>>>Gold has made several attempts break out, and while I'm no technician the longer it goes on the harder it will be to break out barring some unforeseen event. Punters will lose patience<<<

Gold made 4 attempts at $1K before it could hold and then look what happened. $1.4K will be the spring board to $1650

>>>Could be wrong but my personal theory is that precious metals will disconnect from other commodities like coal, food, uranium etc. I think there's going to be some food inflation<<<

Finally something I agree with. Gold will disconnect. Gold with the exception of silver will outperform every commodity in the next 12 months.

BTW, gold is NOT a hedge against inflation. That is common misnomer. It is a hedge against loss of confidence in currencies.

Cheers

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.