SHM 0.69% 71.5¢ shriro holdings limited

On a purely fundamentals basis, its certainly no where near as...

1. 5,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 166
    On a purely fundamentals basis, its certainly no where near as cheap as it was sub $1. My average is 88c so take what I say as a happy green holder.

The float was $1 so whilst its up, its not multiples over the IPO or anything too absurd.

Its a different stage now to its punishment shortly after listing. They have had a few years and proven the cash-flow (so far) is steady, their dividends are stable and their debts being paid down. The company has taken a while to understand how a trusted listed company needs to operate in my observation. For a number of legitimate reasons, some holders were upset and other stayed clear.

Thus far the company is delivering and from a technical and practical point of view, the liquidity has improved massively .. which is particularly nice now that its happening at higher prices. For a long time there was no liquidity or buyers so you had to have both a view on the company then the guts to buy in with no exit at any price.

There are a few small fundies who were on early, but to be honest even if they are taking profits now - the buying is more than just retail punters. I'm hoping its other fundies who are happier now with the delivery on prospectus and have come to their own thesis on buying at this price.

Its still high risk and leveraged to a few sectors and products. This will either be a blessing or a curse. They could maintain all their existing distribution agreements and see the BBQ range bunt .. happy days. Then again, they could loose casio or rights to distribute some of the kitchenware stuff and the BBQ venture falls flat which would be a disaster. Track record is all we can really go on thus far and so far they seem to be improving.

I continue to hold the vast majority of my holdings, sold down a few in August last year after the first leg up and have held the rest since. I hold as part of my spec dividend portfolio - where I'm looking for dividend yield with potential upside as well.

Would also appreciate any other suggestions of companies from punters for more in this category. Its certainly tough space to find other worthwhile opportunities, even harder to work out the merits of a business or whether its just a fluff/hype play who will never earn real money.

I note your are already across Zenitas .. HRL Holdings another even speccier one which I like the look of if they can pull it off.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
71.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $69.41M
Open High Low Value Volume
71.5¢ 71.5¢ 71.5¢ $6 9

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1386 71.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
72.0¢ 13812 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.08am 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.