SHM 0.00% 70.0¢ shriro holdings limited

I've been a long term advocate and supporter of Shriro. It's a...

1. 3,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 120
    I've been a long term advocate and supporter of Shriro. It's a very well run company and they know their business.  However Mike Westrup's interests are no longer aligned with shareholders.  His first sale of shares in February , after the debacle of the  attempt last year, came with the explanation that his sale of 2.6M shares involved buying a family property (hopefully not in Sydney at the top of the market ).  The second sale of $1M of shares in May at $1.28 came with no explanation.  This is classic Buffet 101 - no matter what way you spin it his interests not aligned with shareholders. He keeps eating less and less of his own cooking.  Now his unfortunate timing is retail consumer sentiment is plunging, punters are closing their wallets, currency headwinds,  apartment and housing approvals falling and the feds cutting funding to schools ( think Casio calculators).  Lets go to the guidance on the 14th of Feb.   
    ThThe full year is difficult to forecast at this point due to annual results being
    mostly driven by the 2nd half’s performance from seasonality, however the
    Heston  costs will be lower than in CY16, so if the Northern Hemisphere’s
    take up of Heston products is as expected, then the NPAT will grow again.

So Mike has an out.  NPAT will grow if the take up of Heston's products in the Northern Hemisphere
    is as expected.  With the sale of his shares he could have made a simple release along the lines of "business is traveling as expected.  The second nuance of the release is the 2nd half performance is difficult to predict.  So if local sales tank and if the take up of Heston products don't meet expectations then guidance won't be met.  It's no wonder the share price has been smashed with no information.   The only guidance I got was .....I've sold $1,097,029.12 at $1.28.  Work it out yourself what that means
    Last edited by Ivanovich: 02/06/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
70.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $67.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
70.0¢ 70.0¢ 69.5¢ $56.56K 80.82K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 69.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
70.0¢ 17002 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.