SHM 0.68% 73.0¢ shriro holdings limited

It's not a horrible business, but it's not without risk. Eg How...

1. 932 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    It's not a horrible business, but it's not without risk.

Eg How long will selling Casio calculators to schools last in an Apple / tablet world?

So let's take a grow our way out that problem (traditional business) strategy by growing into something else (new business).

So.... growth wise perhaps Mikes sale might suggest that Heston deal isn't going so well or another risk has even eventuated? Or perhaps it is natural, understandable, diversification? It could be understandable.

Yet... as I have suggested before, I'd hardly think that the Weber Stephens company would be shaking in their boots as most of the Everdure BBQs don't have lids... But hard to gain a competitive advantage if there's more than a little wind... Or if you liked moist vs dry, BBQ... I think I know which ones might be winner in the BBQ comps in the USA...

Hopefully SHM is not signed for a dead duck deal with Heston, or cash out the door, no matter what.

I do wonder what the risk tolerance of SHM was re the Heston deal. I hope it was undertaken with the full experience and concentration of their management and board, which I would hope would be capable ,indeed think they would be.

None the less, right or wrong my doubts may be, but there feels a sniffle of a real bad taste of overseas expansion here (examples, NAB, ANZ, SGH, BAL, MRM).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SHM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
73.0¢
Change
-0.005(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $70.38M
Open High Low Value Volume
74.0¢ 74.0¢ 71.0¢ $182.4K 248.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 11484 71.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
74.0¢ 21603 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.02pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SHM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.