AKM 2.78% 35.0¢ aspire mining limited

is this thing dead ? , page-2

1. 112 Posts.
    Like the Norwegian Blue, it's just sleeping.

The coking coal price, tax loss selling, general market pullback, low (but recovering) investor sentiment to Mongolia, China slowdown etc are all at work. Plus, AKM's slow progress re the rail concession. The lack of institutional investors on AKM's books doesn't help either.

On the other hand, the very high quality of the coking coal is the key - everyone wants some of that - and the GOM wants the rail line built - and the Russians are pressing them to get it moving. The low cost delivery to China means that if the coking coal price doesn't make international sales attractive for some time, AKM could IMO still sell everything to the Chinese. And Northern Rail would still make a profit. And, there's XAM's coking coal to come into the picture as well.

I think today is the last day you can sell (for a tax loss) and settle before the EOFY so things may pick up a little after that. The elections (GOM) should be over next week too. Everything else (global markets, rail concession etc) will be slow.

Just my opinion of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $177.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.0¢ 37.0¢ 35.0¢ $46.54K 129.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 22661 35.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 3500 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AKM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.