YML unknown

is this year 2003 30 mt iron ore

1. 2,082 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1651
    Can you have at least 30 mt of direct grade shipping iron ore....right next to BHP, RIO and FMG in the Pilbara......and have a market cap of $45 million.

Well it appears you can.

Fair enought if it was 2003.....buts its not.

I noticed RIO, PMM and MGX all saying in their quarterly reports, that iron ore demand in China has never been stronger than right now.

It not surprising really. BHP, RIO and CVRD are trying to ramp up iron ore production....but still they are only averaging about 7% annual growth in iron ore production. China offical figures say industrial production growing at 16% PA. (GDP at 11%).

This means just a shorfall in iron ore supply over demand.

One point that you would not of heard of is.....Brazil currency has gone up alot compared to US dollar. Means CVRD get paid alot less for their iron ore than last year. They have been even more aggressive in their price dealings with ASIA....compared to BHP and RIO.

I would be looking for an iron ore price rise of 35% to 40% from 1st April, 2008. Such a result would give a new diminision to would be iron ore miners such as UMC and YML.

Suggest investors stick with small iron ore companies who have direct shipping ore and Pilbara port access.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.