TLS 1.39% $3.66 telstra group limited

is tls being mmuzzled ?

1. 5,111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1143
    It seems to me that TLS (and other Telcos)should surely be entering the current political debate, unless the Govt has them muzzled.
    Abbott has not explained his policy as well as he should but his fundamental issues are correct.
    Private Telcos should develop and largely pay for new high speed BB .
    Govt should ensure high speed BB reaches highest proportion of the population , and if necessary contribute towards this, but at all times minimise Govt involvement.
    Taxpayers should not foot the bill for a huge white elephant that may never pay its way, and for which there is no business plan.
    Another reason for TLS to enter the debate is that the current media coverage is very very poor.No research but plenty of opinions and hearsay.
    Whatever people may say about Sol Trujillo , he would be wading into this debate guns ablazing. Maybe this would be inappropriate in the current circumstances, but TLS should at least be saying something and explaining their plans and tchnologies that they will be introducing over the next few years.This applies to the other Telcos who have also been unusually quiet.
    I think the mining companies are the only ones in Australia with any ball$.
    Occam

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.66
Change
0.050(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $42.28B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.60 $3.66 $3.60 $194.6M 52.89M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 106561 $3.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.66 1245826 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.