VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

Babylon, I disagree respectfully. Charts is not "all one has." I...

1. 1,335 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    Babylon, I disagree respectfully. Charts is not "all one has." I think that we are actually on the same team here, so please don't take this the wrong way. The trend that you refer to reflects an overall pattern, and that is incontrovertible.

But what we do have, aside from charts, is an awareness of the improving global picture, occupancy rates, facts and figures (not too many of which are forthcoming from this particular management!) and a knowledge of history. As long as VPG is not under any threat of insolvency, time will right the ship and we will sail onwards and upwards.

However, the "when" is what we cannot know, charts or none. The micro-movements of the sp can be understood when we watch how they occur. Like yesterday, when a couple of players were screwing around with the 1 share difference between two price levels, that is not going to be reflected in the charts. Only the final result will show up there. So the .135 may have looked like a good thing on the charts, but in the blink of a single share could have looked less good. Not exactly a trend-setting close in my view.

Fundamentally, we had a dilution that has to be amortised. It is taking a long time...weeks so far. Until that is dealt with, I don't expect much from VPG's sp. On the other hand, if the fundamentals that will be released to the market on 30 November are equal to or better than expectations, the price will then move imho. If they disappoint, expect the sp to languish here for a long time yet.

The infuriating thing about VPG is that the company is so taciturn. I mean, WE own the bloody company, don't we? I'd like to know how we are going from time to time, and this mob runs it like it's their own toy train set. Good luck and patience will be rewarded, I believe. That's why I hold many and will keep holding them.

Cheers,
    ST

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.